Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Latest

Eva is now 6 weeks old, and since we are at Grandpa and Grandma' house, I haven't been good at the updates! We took the girls to have their pictures taken professionally last week, and they turned out adorable. We did the typical poses, and they are all darling--I will try to post them. Also, a fun new thing that Eva has been doing is cooing and smiling. I thought at first that it was a gas-reflex thing, but it all happens at the sound of my voice, so my Mom assures me it is for real! I forgot how rewarding it was to have a new babe smiling back at you. Eva has also been eating like a champ, and we have been preparing her for Mommy to go back to work. She does great with the bottles, so our new Nanny, Joy, shouldn't have any problems with feedings! We have had some colicky evenings, so I have been adjusting her on a regular basis, but the crying can be quite draining. I have completely cut out caffeine from my diet, so between that and the chiropractic care, hopefully we can nip this soon! On the bright side, Eva has been sleeping for 8 hours uninterrupted for the last 2 weeks!!!



Say a prayer for me on Friday as Emma, Eva and I venture back from Milwaukee on our own!

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.....

4 comments:

Naomi said...

oh my goodness! I didn't know you were gone. When did you leave? I am SO HAPPY to hear that you found a new nanny! I was nervous with you. I love your girls so much:) I hope everything goes smoothly during your transition back to work. Send prayers our way on Friday too as you venture back. We are moving Sophia into the back room so she can learn to sleep on her own, in her crib. I am guessing it will be a difficult weekend.
Any news about Josh's job?

erin said...

I miss you! I'm thrilled that you found a new nanny, too! I hope she's half as good as Nene! : )

Cara said...

NeNe~We came for the week. Good luck with the sleep training--it's one of those things that has to be done, but is not fun in the process! Josh's job search is still on..... Say a prayer for him, would ya?

Katie R. said...

You are a brave Mama to drive down and back by yourself. We travel the Milwaukee road often ourselves. I'm praying for your travels right now. Nice work!