Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Thank Heaven For.....Daddies

There are many written accounts of "daddy's to the rescue." Check out Naomi's blog and Carla's blog for their recent posts about Daddy saving the day. Here is my story.....

Yesterday was just a tough day. Both girls were needy and crabby, which does not equate to a good day, but a long one, in fact. We went to Josh's Potbelly for lunch, then headed to Super Target. By the time Josh got home from work, I had had enough. However, Josh MADE my day by bringing home a simple $2.13 treat.

A large, Vanilla Iced Coffee from McDonald's.

I was happy enough to hear the garage door open, but overwhelmed with happiness as he walked in with my treat and a HUGE grin.

But it didn't stop there. After hearing about my rotten day, he told me to find something to do with a friend, and that he would keep the girls.....

So, I called up my friend Angela, and we headed to T.G.I.Friday's. The next few hours were spent laughing, talking, drinking, and enjoying some adult conversation.

2 margaritas later, and I was ready to hit the sack, but more importantly ready to tackle my girls this morning.

Thank you Josh, I am so lucky to call you my husband.

Next week YOU can enjoy a Hall Pass!

No comments: