Sunday, April 27, 2008

New Normal

Tomorrow starts our new normal. After being home for 7 weeks under the FMLA, it is time to go back to work. And, our new Nanny, Joy, begins working for us! While I am looking forward to our new routine, I am not looking forward to the morning chaos!

Many things have developed career-wise for me over the last few weeks, much of which cannot be disclosed at this time. One huge development was that I was appointed the Clinic Supervisor of the Pillsbury House Integrated Health Clinic that was opened in conjunction with the University of MN. This clinic, located in the heart of Mpls, offers 6 disciplines: chiropractic, acupuncture, massage, psychiatry, and medical & nursing students an opportunity to collaborate and offer free care to those in need. This is an exciting endeavor for me (and will look great on my resume!), but will take a lot of extra time that will have to be spent away from my family. Those of you that know me well know that I struggle finding a balance between my family and my career, because I want them both to be first and foremost in my life.....

While I haven't used an alarm clock in 7 weeks, I am looking forward to my new bedtime tonight, and cannot wait to see what else God has in store for me & my family. Please pray for our crazy mornings.....

7 comments:

Naomi said...

We will be thinking of you! I hope everything goes wonderful for everyone!

Jodi said...

Congratulations! I hope you have a smooth transition. You're in my prayers.

Katie R. said...

Big transition, I'll be thinking of you. Sounds like you have lots of neat opportunities to do all the things you love, yeah for you.

erin said...

WOW!!
That's wonderful news, Cara! I will be praying for you! Let me know how I can help, ok?

Mandi said...

Wow, Congrats Cara! That' awesome!

erin said...

How was day one?

Cara said...

Day 1 was great. I am not liking th whole pumping-at-work thing (especially because I share offices with another doctor), but I know it's the right thing to do. Can't wait for tomorrow! :)