Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Baby Shower!

Emma: two-and-a-half
Eva: 4 months
Cousins!
Emma, Kendra, Haniah, Vivian
Sisters!
Caitlyn--34 weeks pregnant
Treat bags
Cousins Eva (4 mos) & Annika (2 mos) meeting for the first time
1st cousins--and like sisters!

Tara Muench, Cara, Melanie Rahmel, Melissa Mueed, Caitlyn Ruckman, Jen Cameron, Amy Englin

My Mom playing the Dirty Diaper Game
Erin & Shirley, Sarah & Natalie
Salad luncheon
Mommy-to-be and A.L.L. of her gifts!
Rattle cupcakes!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

- Jeremiah 29:11

I had the honor of giving my sister a baby shower on Sunday. What a great time we had. I am so grateful for all of my friends (including Erin and Sarah!) and family (some drove 8 hours!) that came to support her in this stage of her life, AND brought such generous gifts. My favorite part was the opening prayer where my aunt made a special quilt for the baby-to-be, and we all passed it around and prayed for Cait and the baby, so that everytime she uses the blanket, she and the baby will literally be "wrapped in prayers." God is so good.....


3 comments:

Naomi said...

Cara, everything looks so great! I really wish I could have been there. I'm sorry I missed it! Looks like you did a great job!

Cara said...

NeNe,
We certainly missed you. Our foursome was lonesome without you!

erin said...

Cara, we had a wonderful time. You always throw such a nice party! I'm so glad Caitlyn got such nice gifts. : )