Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Vegas!

Tomorrow I am leaving for a business trip to Vegas for 3 days. I am attending a conference at the Tuscany Las Vegas. Having just celebrated Eva's 1st birthday, I am quickly reminded of this very conference last year in Washington D.C......

I was presenting a research project that I had completed the prior year to important leaders in the chiropractic profession. I knew when I agreed to present that I was going to be "cutting it close," being that I was due with Eva in February, and the conference was the beginning of March. Little did I know, Eva would arrive 10 days late, and I would be flying to D.C. with a new baby 9 days post-partum, and presenting at a very important conference 10 days post-partum. I had no choice, however, and this presentation meant alot to me, my profession, and my future career. So, we left Emma at my parents' house (her first long overnight trip), and Josh, new Eva and I flew to D.C.

The whole trip is a fog to me, but all in all, it went well. Besides the looks from everyone of 'what kind of parent brings a new baby on a trip of this nature,' it was a fun trip. Josh took Eva one of the days in her seat, and walked to the capitol for miles and miles and miles. She did great on the flights, slept most of the trip, and Josh and I actually had fun.

As I leave tomorrow, I will remember that great event in my life, but I am relieved that this year's trip is me and my electric breastpump.

No comments: