Tuesday, May 13, 2008

8-Week Well-Baby Check!

Eva had her first well-baby check yesterday (but she is actually 10 weeks). Joy assisted me on the journey, because both girls had to get injections. :( Eva weighed in at a whoppping 12 lbs. (75%-tile), was 24 inches long (90%-tile), and her head size measured 16 inches (also 90%-tile)! It looks like Squish is off to a healthy start! The worst part, of course, is always when the injection nurse enters the room. I do not fall for the traditional vaccination schedule, so I have done a ton of research and created my own. They wanted to give Eva 10 different formulas yesterday, of which we took 4 of. She cried for a moment, and then smiled at me. Emma, on the other hand, was emotionally effected by the needle..... She screamed and cried FOREVER. It hadn't really hurt her physically, but it had certainly damaged her feelings. Stickers made her feel much better though! The whole vaccination debate makes my stomach hurt at the thought, so I have been praying vigorously that no rare reactions will take place.

I pray we have many, many more well-baby checks to come!

5 comments:

Katie R. said...

It's so hard. I'm glad the girls made it okay and that your baby is growing so "well".

Jodi said...

Do you have a specific resource that helped you decide about her vaccinations? Glad all is well!

Cara said...

Jodi, I used the materails that were presented to me in chiropractic school, and then also read several resources that were both for and against vaccinations. One that I liked that tried to take an unbiased approach was "The Vaccine Guide." Like I said, this topic makes my stomach hurt.....

erin said...

Mine, too. We go today. :(

Anonymous said...

Hi Cara. Would you happen to have a copy of the Vaccination Guide that I could borrow? I am having a hard time deciding which vaccines to get. We skipped the whole first round of vaccinations because we don't know what to do. The doctor provided me with some handouts, but I have been unable to find any unbiased information. We are hoping to have made a decision by her next visit so we can start vaccinations. Thanks so much! I'm so happy Eva's appointment went well! I hope to see you soon!

Sarah