Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Mother's Day Perspective



Happy Mother's Day to all of my blog-friends. The girls surprised me with lots of gifts--Bath & Body Works, the book that I have been longing for "Mistaken Identity," and a jumbo bucket of cleaning supplies that I have been coveting at Sam's for ages (this may seem like a lousy gift to some, but I seriously have been wanting it, so no need to interrogate Josh on his gift choice!), and one of those GIANT cards, literally displaying how much I am loved. They also awoke me and surprised me with a yummy brunch at Mad Jack's..... Then, Josh had to take off for work, which I have been pouting about all week. However, this should make me think differently.....


I have been following a certain website the last few weeks. This story was featured on the front page of the Star Tribune a few weeks ago. It is about a man (from the Twin Cities) whose wife was put on bedrest the last few weeks of her pregnancy. She ended up having a c-section on March 24, but couldn't get out of bed to see her new daughter, Madeline, until the next day. She awoke that morning, excited to go meet her daughter, felt light-headed while getting into the wheelchair, and ultimately had a pulmonary embolism, which took her life. Matt's blog starts with family updates while Liz was pregnant, announces Madeline's birth on the 24th, and the next entry is Liz's obituary.


I guess I don't have it so bad after all.....at least I am here with my girls on Mother's Day.


You guys gotta check out this website: http://www.mattlogelin.com/. His blog features daily updates of what it is like to raise Madeline on his own. Make sure you have a box of Kleenex in hand.....and enjoy every precious moment that you are granted with your babies.


I know I will.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

That is so sad, I was tearing up just reading the background on him! Thanks for reminding us to cherish what we have.