Thursday, August 28, 2008

Conversations of a Football Widow.....



Tonight is Josh's Fantasy Football Draft. I anticipate having these conversations in the near future....

"Emma, I am sorry that we don't have as much food to eat right now--Daddy's fantasy "ante was upped" this year."

"I know, your light-up Chicago Bears shoes don't fit anymore. Don't worry, when we go to Chicago next, we will buy you a bigger size so your feet won't hurt anymore. You can try to put them on Eva, but I am pretty sure that Daddy will notice you aren't wearing them, unless Rex Grossman is actually having a good game, then he for sure won't notice."

"Em, if Daddy asks you if you want to go to Buffalo Wild Wings on a Sunday afternoon, go at your own risk. Yes, he will buy you wings and pop, but please understand that you will be there for at least four hours, and then he might want to stay and see how Jet Favre is doing in the second game....."

"Girls, I know you are tired of wearing jerseys & cheerleading outfits every Sunday, but believe me, you do look cute!"

"Em, I know that Daddy has the TV, computer, AND laptop, but he is watching the live game on the flat screen, has his fantasy live scoring on the computer, and the Bears game on the laptop....."

"Eva, Daddy really needs you to quit crying so he can concentrate on picking his line-up."

"Yes, girls, we will have family day on Sundays again, but not until next February....."

Okay, so I may be exaggerating a bit. This is all in good fun. Mostly. I am glad that Josh has something to be passionate about!

Go Bears!