Sunday, August 31, 2008

Welcome to the World!

Our nephew and Godchild, Da'Montae Marcus, was born to Caitlyn Ruckman (my sister!) and DaMeon McGee last night at 11:50 pm. He weighed 6 lbs, and was 18 inches long, and sports lots of black curly hair! Caitie did an amazing job with only 8 hours of labor (hooray for chiropractic care!), no epidural, and a phenomenal performance, according to her doctor! I got to be there only by phone, but got the call 6 minutes after he was born, and remained on the phone for the next 2 hours (thanks Mom!). I feel like I still got to experience it all, although it is killing me not to be there physically. I cannot wait to hold this precious bundle next weekend, and begin to watch his life unfold. God has made himself evident on many levels throughout Da'Montae's growth and entrance into this world, and we know that He will continue to bless him, Caitie and Da'Meon. Thank you to all of my blogfriends for your prayers and support through all of this--your love and concern has truly been a blessing. Cait, thank you for giving Josh and I the opportunity to be Baby D's Godparents--we are honored and will be there for you and your precious bundle every step of the way. We love you all.....

Da'Montae, you are blessed (and A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.!) [Pictures to follow when I meet him!]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

Sarah

erin said...

Congratulations to all, and blessings on you, little boy.

Katie R. said...

Congratulations! Hoping the time goes quickly for you before you hold that little bundle.

Anonymous said...

We are so happy that you and the girls came fore a fun visit. You and Josh will be very important and special people in Da'Montae's life. Isn't He so tiny and precious?

Love Mom (MooMoo)