Friday, December 7, 2007

Time is of the Essence

I received word last week that my research project that I have been working on for the last few months has been chosen for presentation at the Association of Chiropractic Colleges--Research Agenda Conference in Washington, DC in March 2008. I feel very honored and fortunate to be blessed with this experience to take my professional career to the next level.
The only problem? It is a mere 2 weeks after I am due to give birth. If you remember correctly, Emma was 10 days late.
Besides being nervous about presenting in front of hundreds of prestigious people, I am nervous about the timing of the birth of Peanut. I am determined to be there, no matter what it takes, because this is a "once in a lifetime experience." Josh will accompany me in DC with the baby, and Emma will have some Grandma and Grandpa time in WI. My doctor has already said that if the words "induce" come to my mind at any point to make my dreams come true, that he will do whatever it takes, but I have decided to give the timing to God. His Time will suffice in the birth of our child, and the opportunity of a lifetime in DC for this DC.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That's great news! My mom just presented one of her studies down in Orlando, FL. I hope everything works out and you get to take this opportunity and nail it!

erin said...

OK, so I just realized that I never commented on here, though I thought about it several times!
I'm so sorry!
I am so proud of you! If anybody can make this work, it's you. : )