Monday, December 31, 2007

Perspectives.....

Isn't it funny (or annoying--depends on how you look at it!) how people's perspectives differ?

This weekend, Em and I were perusing the mall, and within 1 hour of each other (not much developing could have taken place) 2 people made mention of my protruberant abdomen. Wanna know what they said?

1: "When are you due?" "In about 8 weeks." "Really--you are so small for being that far along. When I was 32 weeks, I looked like a blimpy." [I am assuming that was a compliment?]

2: "WOW! When are you due?" "I have about 8 weeks to go...." "Seriously? It looks like you may have that thang before New Year's.... Good luck." [Thanks.]


Isn't it funny.

3 comments:

erin said...

Same EXACT thing happens to me on a daily basis.
When people tell me how "Small" I am, I want to yank my shirt over my head and ask if they really think so.
Because. I. Don't.

Good post!

kristi noser said...

I guess the bump is in the eye of the beholder...

Mandi said...

Question. In Number 2...did the person ACTUALLY say THANG?! A baby is not a THANG....