Friday, December 7, 2007

Not A Whole Lot....

.....Going on, that is. I am nearly 29 weeks now, and there isn't a whole lot to report. I have been making an effort to ingest more iron, as to ward off the anemia. I still feel tired, but this process can take a while to alleviate.

I had a scary experience the other day, that has mentally reminded me to slow down. I clearly "overdid" and had some rough contractions for about 20 minutes. You would think this would freak me out and slow me down, but here is my philosophy instead: I am a chiropractor, which means my job is very physical. While I do have 9 interns to help me get through my patient visits, I do spend a lot of time in that compromising position to rid people's bodies from subluxation. We usually see about 30 patients in a three-hour period, so there is a lot of stress on my body. If my work-day is physical, then my body is used to the physical stress, and therefore I shouldn't have to "take it easy" at any point, right? I have decided that if it happens again, I may have to tone it down a bit, but until then, we will call that contraction frenzy a coincidence.

My Mom is coming for the weekend, so we have some fun "girl stuff"planned, complete with the Christmas Baking Marathon! I love spending time with my Mom, and Emma has been ecstatic about her arrival, as well!

Only 18 days until Christmas!

1 comment:

erin said...

What?! I never commented here, either!!?
I'm the worst friend ever!
I hope you had a great time with your momma!