Friday, November 7, 2008

A Message From the Universe?

I worked a 14-hour day yesterday, and barely saw Emma when I got home at 10pm last night, and didn't get to see Eva at all yesterday. I was hurried-ly getting ready for work this morning, and had these encounters with my babies:

Eva: Awoke with a huge smile when she saw my face, then reached out her arms, and hugged me for several minutes. She is 8 months old, people.

Emma: Peeped her head up as I was kissing her good-bye, and said "Hi Mommy. Are you leaving me again?"

Needless to say, I am spending the weekend with my girls.....

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Cara, Your babies will grow up to be woman who will respect their Mother for her loving care of helping others who are hurting and need your healing touch. They will understand that god gave you a gift of helping others. I remember my heart would ache when I left my children also for those long 12hour shifts in the hospital. My children did not suffer because of me working…I found the energy to be the best mother I could with the time I had. Good luck with the research project and one day your girls will take their mom for show and tell.

Cara said...

Thanks for you encouraging words, Brenda! You would know! :) I often say that I am a more effective Mommy because I work outside the home, and strive to make my limited time with them QUALITY, but man, I sure miss them during the day.