Thursday, November 13, 2008

When It Rains, IT POURS.

It has been an interesting week. My brother-in-law, Jon, is still hospitalized in Florida. They have ruled out Tuberculosis, which would have been the most infectious option, but can't seem to effectively rule out metastesis and other infections. He is having a lung biopsy tomorrow, so hopefully a conclusion will be made early next week.

In other depressing news, my Grandpa, who successfully had a pacemaker installed on Tuesday, was told that the post-op x-rays showed a tumor on his lungs, which appears to be a form of cancer called Lymphoma. His biopsy will also be tomorrow, which will predict prognosis and provide a treatment plan.

And to top things off, Josh is absolutely miserable at his job, and has decided that his new career cannot come soon enough. [Have I mentioned that he successfully took professional courses to become a licensed insurance producer (agent), passed his licensure exams the first try, all while working 55+ hours a week, taking classes on his days off, and effectively being a father? Yeah, I am beaming with pride.....]

Yet, the first thing that comes to my mind:

Be still, and know that I AM GOD.

3 comments:

Naomi said...

I am proud of you, Cara, for trusting God so wholly in the midst of everything you are facing. It certainly isn't easy to go through a week like that, and turn to PRAISE God. I'm glad you stopped to remember He has it all under control. We are praying for you, Josh, and your family.

Jodi said...

Hang in there! You and your family are in my prayers.

erin said...

I'm praying for you, my sweet friend. Let me know if you need a break, ok?