Monday, September 10, 2007

16 Weeks

Alright, so I am now 16 weeks. That was a fast first trimester, huh? Actually, I had a rough few weeks. Things are definitely different with this pregnancy when compared to the first. Considering the fact that I didn't even know I was pregnant until 11 weeks with Emma, it is bound to be different, eh? I did experience nausea for three weeks early on, but I took on this attitude that I could either be miserable for the rest of the pregnancy, or I could try to overcome the ickiness, and THAT VERY DAY, I miraculously felt better. Coincidence? Could be, however, I choose to attribute it to the power of positive thinking! Plus, did I mention that chiropractic care does wonders for a pregnant mommy? I definitely have biased thinking considering I AM a chiropractor, but after spending the first year of my post-doctorate training researching this topic, I CAN call myself an expert, can't I? So, as I begin to enter this final-month-in-the-first-half of my pregnancy, I thank God everyday that I am in a profession where I can reap the benefits, as well as deliver the benefits to my pregnant patients on a daily basis through regular chiropractic care. I feel great going into this 16th week, and honestly can't complain about a thing!

No comments: