Wednesday, September 26, 2007

18-Week Check-up

Appointment At A Glance.....
~BP: 119/64 (Hooray for this--I had HBP my entire pregnancy with Em--exercise really does lower BP--imagine that!)
~Weight gain: still below normal, but more than my liking, so increased exercise and healthier choices of foods start NOW! I only gained 17 pounds with Emma, so my 6 in the first half of this pregnancy is not sitting well! [TWIN indicator?]
~Fundal Height: 19+ cm [TWIN indicator?]
~Fetal Heart rate: 150-160 bpm
~Fetal Survey Ultrasound: Thursday, Oct. 4, 2:30


As many of you know, I am having weird suspicions that I may be hosting twins in this uterus of mine. I don't really know why I have these feelings, but I do. I was definitely more sick in the first trimester with this pregnancy (though it only lasted 3 weeks), and I feel TONS of movement which is kinda weird this early on. If there is only one, it HAS to be a boy that will someday be an NFL player (there you go, Josh!). Our doctor told us at our first appointment that he would order an ultrasound, but Josh and I decided that since I am not a big fan of ultrasounds anyways, that we could wait until the 20-week fetal survey to find out. Dr. Rolando maintains that it is almost impossible to determine if there are two before 20 weeks anyways, so why bother the babe with sounds waves! Please join me in praying that we have ONE healthy baby! I still have no complaints, but if I could mention one nuisance, it would be heartburn that began this week. TUMS do wonders--I am halfway through the first bottle! :)

5 comments:

erin said...

I will pray that ANY babies in there are healthy.
My baby's heartrate was 150-160 last week, too. : )
Glad you are doing well, lady.

Naomi said...

Glad the appointment went well Cara! I can't wait to see those ultrasound photos next week! Loveyou!

Sarah said...

I am happy, too, that the appointment went well. Keep taking care and I hope to see you soon!!!

Anonymous said...

i also <3 Tums.... I have my 20wk appt and u/s on Monday (10/1), so we will have to get together and compare notes and pictures!!

-Allison.

Cara said...

Allison!

Thanks for stopping by! Yes, we will have to get together!