Wednesday, September 19, 2007

How I Told.....My Parents

Well, since we have established that no one reads this (my peeps seemingly aren't into the whole blog thang.....), I guess I will look at it like it is my Pregnancy Journal for #2. We all know that the second pregnancy isn't as exciting as the first, and while I don't think I will take fewer pictures of this baby, I do know that I am already slacking in the pregnancy journaling aspect. This will have to suffice--Momma is busy!

Now that I have that disappointment out of the way, let's get on to how I told my parents.....

[Same day as finding out about being pregnant]
Pick up phone and dial Mom--Saturday, 5:05pm

Mom: {whisper}"Cara, I am in church. Can I call you back?"
Cara: "NO. I NEED to talk to you!"
M: "What's wrong, honey?"
C: "Mom, I'm pregnant."
M: "Are you serious?"
C: "Uh, yeah, and we aren't happy about it."
M: "Is it okay if I'm happy about it?"
C: "Yeah, maybe it will rub off on me then."
M: "How far along are you? When did you find out?"
C: "Don't know--just found out."
Other words of nonsense were spoken, and then we concluded so my Mom could get back to church. My sister was sitting next to her, so of course she told her immediately. I can only imagine that my Mom sat there with a grin from ear-to-ear for the entire service, which probably left my Dad (who was the Pastor leading the church service!) wondering what was up in that pew!

After the service, my sister went through the line to greet the Pastor (our Dad), and shook his hand and told him that he was going to be a grandpa again, but that is all she said. I can only imagine that he was hoping it was me or my brother, and NOT her! :) My Mom told my Dad the news afterwards, and our conversation, and he too said, "I hope it's okay if I am happy too!"

6 comments:

Naomi said...

It is SO fun to hear the stories of how everyone found out! Thanks for sharing with us!

erin said...

Is it ok if I am happy, too?

erin said...

: )

Cara said...

Yes, it is okay to be happy--we are now too! Besides, I would feel left out now if I weren't pregnant!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I would like you to know that

a) I read this (as often as I can, 'cuz this momma is busy, too)

and, b) I am very happy for you.... and I totally TOTALLY understand how you feel about the "I'm not ready" factor -- and we were TRYING!! :)

-allison

Jen said...

I hope it's okay if I am happy too, because I am ECSTATIC! And I do read your blog, I just have not posted a comment yet. We both know what a procrastinator I am!