Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fears.....

So.

I had the pleasure of listening to women call into the radio this morning, and tell their horror stories of who was present in their delivery room that shouldn't be. This got me thinking.....


I am terrified of giving birth. And I have done it before. And it wasn't that long ago. (As one of my interns put it this morning, "Wow Dr. Borggren, your daughter is only a year-and-a-half old? You are really shooting those kids out, one right after another!")

Here is what I am afraid of, in no particular order.
~ My first birth went perfectly--everything happened the way that I wanted it to. What if this one doesn't?
~ What if I can't take the pain, and have to get an epidural? (My WORST fear.)
~ What if I poop myself?
~ What if I say something mean to Josh?
~ What if the labor goes too fast? (Likely, according to my first birth.)
~ What if something is wrong with the baby?
~ What if Woodwinds is full?
~ What if Dr. Rolando can't be there?
~ And the fears could go on forever....

I have many more weeks to stew this all over, but why? I am a champ at pushing out babies (Dr. said so), and there is no reason why God wouldn't grant me the perfect labor all over again.

So there.

6 comments:

kristi noser said...

What if Kristi's NOT my doula? Oh what a world, what a world.

Really?
Sure, I'd love to.

Cara said...

Kristi,
Thanks for stopping by..... I have imagined having a doula, as a matter of fact. A classmate of mine is a doula, and she helped me through my first pregnancy immensely--she even turned by breech baby with Webster's and some moxibustion from another classmate! My only concern is SO MANY people in the delivery room. With Emma, I had Josh (husband), my Mom, my aunt who is like another Mom, who also happens to be an OB nurse, the Healing Touch therapist from Woodwinds, my doctor, my nurse, and Emma's nurse. Heck, what's one more?
We will have to chat....

erin said...

Don't be afraid!
Although, I admit, I have similar fears. At least you've done this once!
Peanut #2 is going to come out JUST fine. I promise.
Hugging you from 3M.
: )

erin said...

"...come out just fine"???
Ew.
Sorry.

Mandi said...

I was starting to feel a wave of emotion sweep over me as I read your list of fears until...

"What if i poop myself?"

Being the mature person that I am, I burst out laughing at this one. I didn't actually know that was possible, but now that I think about it...

Oh well...i'm sure you won't poop yourself and that this baby will be healthy just like Emma.

Cara said...

Mandi,
Apparently it happens. And Josh, being the concerned husband that he is, PROMISES that if I do poop myself, he will be right there TO TAKE A PICTURE OF IT. How nice.
Thankfully I didn't poop with Emma....