Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Good, The Bad, and The Perfect

So, I had my 22 week appointment today. Here is the scoop:

The GOOD:
~BP: 110/80
~Weight gain: Only 2 pounds!!! (I got a pat on the back for this one!) I am at a total of 8, with my goal being <20 lbs. total
~Ultrasound results: Baby is in head-down position, placenta is anterior, all systems looked perfect!
~Heartrate: 132 bpm, still pointing to a BOY for those of you keeping tabs.....

The BAD:
~My doctor, whom I have grown very close with personally and professionally, had a baby girl Sophia last month. He also has a two-year-old boy. Our kids will be approximately the same age distances apart. He informed me that I am in for a treat--2 kids is FOUR TIMES the work as one. This has been my biggest fear. He says they get no sleep, when Sophia wakes up, so does Gianni, and that I should be prepared for an overload of work at home when Peanut #2 arrives. Thanks for the warning..... I am hoping that he is just having a bad day though! :) Josh and I have been able to handle things very well in the past, so hopefully this will not be a horrible transition!

The PERFECT:
~I was told that I am representing the PERFECT pregnancy. Everything is going well, and I never have any complaints. My last delivery was a breeze, and this one WILL BE TOO! I am very conscious about weight gain, nutrition, exercise, etc., and was very happy to hear that things are looking absolutely marvelous! Oh, and he loved my pregnancy review that got published, which is my goal--for medical and chiropractic collaboration throughout maternal and pediatric care! :)

3 comments:

Mandi said...

We will pretend I am a pediatric patient, and you can do a review on me..cracking my back and neck the WHOLE time! :) I'm in rough shape, haha.

Congrats on the good news, and don't worry about what your doctor told you. The way his kids behave is no indication of how yours will. I'm sure you and Josh will manage just fine :)

erin said...

I think your doctor is sort of a jerk for even saying that.
I'm really sorry. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are one of the hardest working people I know. You guys are going to be GREAT.
And of COURSE you represent the perfect pregnancy.
Glad it's going well! : )

Cara said...

Thanks for the encouragement, girls. Mandi, you sound so mature!