Thursday, October 4, 2007

Only ONE!!!

We just had the breath-taking experience of seeing our baby! Thankfully, and much to my surprsie, there was only one baby, as everyone assured me there would be! Enough of those mind tricks on me! Josh and Emma accompanied me, and together as a fam, we saw our next arrival! Everything looked great--from the heart, to the lip with NO cleft palate, to the kidneys, and finally the vertebral column! The heart rate was 144, so I am still sticking with it being a boy (along with a totally different pregnancy experience--though we have already determined that I stink at guessing!), but Josh is just sure that it is a girl, after he intently searched the groin area for a "third leg." The tech determined ahead of time that I didn't want to know what the sex of the baby is, while Josh quietly said in the corner, "but Em and I do...." Sorry, Momma wins--I have to push the bugar out! So when it was time to survey the groin area, I covered my eyes while Josh so-not-discretely tried to make his determination. He seemed a bit disappointed when he saw "nothing," but I honestly don't think he would know a weiner if he saw one--those things are tough to see unless you have a well-trained eye!

The experience all seems more real now to see Peanut waving at us, having hiccups, watching that tiny little heart beat away, and squirming around in the pool of amniotic fluid. Now we just have to wait 20 more weeks to meet our little boy? Or girl? What do you think???

7 comments:

erin said...

Cara, I've tried and tried, and I CANNOT decide what I think yours is. I need a little more time to decide. Give me a couple more weeks!
I'm so glad everything is going well for you and that Peanut is healthy.
Also, I'd like to take this moment to say "I TOLD YOU SO!!"
Can't WAIT to see pics! Can you put them up? Let me know if you need help.
Love you!

Cara said...

Erin,

Yes, you called it. Everyone told me that it was in my head, but when you have a feeling, you gotta go with it! And, yes, I do need help with posting pictures! :) Can't wait for you to experience an ultrasound too!

erin said...

OK, I've been thinking about it.
Girl.
I think it just might be a girl.
Again, I reserve the right to change my mind at any time over the course of your pregnancy!

Naomi said...

YAY for only one baby! I think NeNe would have had e heart attack if there were more! BTW, I think it's a girl!

Anonymous said...

I think I will vote for BOY, so we can have a matching set. :)

I can't wait to see your pictures!

-allison.

kristi noser said...

I'm still having a hard time with a doctor calling a penis a weiner...
But that's just me.

Cara said...

I hate the word "penis." Oh, and "breast" too--I call them boobs.....