Monday, February 4, 2008

38 Weeks. Long time.....No Blog. My Bad.

It has been a long time since I have updated my blog. Many reasons come to mind, but the best of which is we have been frantically preparing for our arrival. I am now 38 weeks along, which in my mind means I have about 4 weeks (Emma came late) until Peanut arrives, but as many of my prego friends and Dr. have pointed out, IT.COULD.BE.ANY.DAY.

I will start with Sarah--a fellow Pregnant Posse Member. Yeah, she and I were supposed to be roommates at Woodwinds, considering our due dates were a mere 4 days apart. Well, she decided to have her baby last Friday. CONGRATULATIONS Aaron and Sarah, and Welcome, Natalie Ann. We are so happy to be a part of your life. However, this realization, along with 2 other friends that were due right around the time that I am due had their babies this weekend too, leaves me feeling PANICed.

So, that is what we have been doing--frantically preparing for our arrival. I am still not ready, but if it happened today, I would be okay with it! I am finding how much more complicated it is having another babe at home. Thankfully, our wonderful Nanny, Naomi, is ready at moment's notice to come sweep up our precious Cupcake, and take care of her until Gma and Gpa Ruckman arrive from Milwaukee. We located the car seat this weekend, made a final Target run, emptied the camera of pictures from Emma's 2nd birthday to make room for birth-day, semi-packed a bag for Momma at the hospital, bought tiny diapers, some nursing bras, rearranged the furniture to get Emma into a big girl bed and the crib and changing table in our room, etc., etc. We are semi-ready.

But did I mention that we are so excited to see what gender of baby God has decided to bless us with? I have lost all sense of whether it is a boy or girl. I thought all along boy, but had my one and only dream last week about the sex, and it was a girl! I am just so excited to meet the little bundle..... And in GOD'S TIME, we will do just that!

4 comments:

Katie R. said...

Can't wait to hear how everything comes together. Wish I could have met you in person at Erin's shower. All your baby really needs is love and they'll be fine. :) Oh...but the carseat's a good thing too.

erin said...

Girl. Definitely a girl.
You will all be just fine! I can't wait to meet your little one.
If Naomi needs a backup, I'm happy to take Emma!!

Anonymous said...

I am still pulling for boy, for my own selfish reasons... :)

I have to say, things have been easier in most ways so far this time, so let that set your mind at ease somewhat. And you know, you can never be totally ready.... and that is OK! These little guys are pretty tough!

allison.

Naomi said...

I am ready and waiting!! I am soooo excited to meet you new baby!! You make such ADORABLE babies, and I can't wait to see what this one looks like. I, too, have NO SENSE of whether it's a boy or girl. Oh my gosh! It is going to happen soon! Love you!