Saturday, February 16, 2008

Oh My Yummy Stars.

I LOVE Mountain Dew. I know, it's bad, but I LOVE it. Yes, Mountain Dew is contraindicated during pregnancy because it is loaded with sugar and caffeine. Yes, drinking the diet version helps with sugar content and calories, but still provides that jolt that every sleepy Mommy needs, and the fake sugars that will someday be outlawed by the FDA. I have done very well this pregnancy not delighting in the so-called addiction. Every once in awhile, I will ingest a bit of caffeine, or perhaps a diet soda, but overall, I miss it terribly.

Emma and I were strolling through Rainbow Fresh today, and I noticed that Pepsi products were on sale (if $3.99 is still considered a sale). I picked up Josh's fave, Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi, and stared at the green box staring back at me. Maybe in a year-and-a-half when I am done breastfeeding Peanut #2 I can enjoy this pure delight again.....

Now perhaps you follow Erin's blog. She found a compromise to her all-time favorite Coca-Cola---Caffeine-Free Coke. But the thought never crossed my mind.....until it stared back at me today. Caffeine-Free Mountain Dew. YUM-O. It tastes just like the real stuff. What will they think of next?

I gotta run, there is one chilling in the freezer as we speak!

2 comments:

Naomi said...

yay!! I LOVE it when you can find a good substitute. Enjoy that icey cold MD!

erin said...

Yesss!!!
One of those things to make this last week go by even faster.
Who cares about the calories. You're 40, baby!